Friday, June 27, 2008

I clean up pretty nice, huh?

Well, my dinner party was a huge success. You have no idea the amount of work I put into making it happen. Longfellow came and brought his parents, Larry and Shanna. Baxter and Celim came too. We ate and drank to our hearts content. Mom did a good job on the food--of course, I was the director of the kitchen and made sure each plate was turned out exactly to my specifications. I am a perfectionist afterall. Probably from watching so much Food Network with my Hal.

Since the theme of the dinner party was to use as much from my parent's wedding registry as we possibly could, I would say it was a success. We used the mixer, the pasta maker, the wok, the cookware, the linens, the china, the crystal, the wine glasses, the wine coasters, the napkin rings, the candlesticks, the appetizer plates, the fondue crock, the cake plate, the bundt pan...and of course, dad's mortar and pestal is holding the garage door as always. Good thing he got that!

I suppose we will have to make this a tradition...until next time.

No comments: