Saturday, December 5, 2009

Molly's Public Service Announcement


Hello, my name is Molly, and I'm an addict. The first step is admitting it! As you may have heard, I "overdosed" on my mom's blood pressure medication this week. My mom left her meds on the kitchen table and I was desperate for my next fix, so I went on up there and tore into that bottle. Bugsy had never used before so I pressured him into it. We both took a hit and my mom found us an hour later. It was not my finest moment--I was non responsive, lethargic and basically catatonic. My family had to conduct an intervention immediately. They took us to the vet and we had to induce vomit...the drugs were out and I was already jonesing for my next fix. Bugsy was fine, but I had to go to medical detox--the product of many years of addiction. I had to be on an IV and be monitored overnight. They always say an addict has to hit rock bottom before they are prepared to quit. Just say no to drugs!!!

1 comment:

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

Poor Molly! I can't believe you fed the addiction and dragged your brother down with you. Glad your pawrents were there with an intervention. How many days sober are you? Glad you are ok!!!!!!