Thursday, March 27, 2008

Smile...its me...the Bug

Hey, its me...Bugsy. I thought I might indulge you with a "day in the life" update.

Every morning, my mom wakes up first. I could get up, but I really like to sleep, so I stay snuggled under the covers with my dad. I admit, I like to hit the snooze button quite a few times.

Then, my dad gets in the shower and I stay in bed. I usually crawl far underneath the comforter. I wait to hear the shower door open and then I run to be with my dad and I help him get dressed.

My mom leaves for work and then my dad and I go for a walk. I'm a pretty good walker I guess. My uncles Cody and Dewey taught me how to mark important spots along the way. I'm a big dog now.

I'm an inside dog (although I would like to be able to go outside too...please write to my mom and dad to urge them to get me a dog door) so I spend most of my time in the same damn room. So, I pass the time with my kong, and I rip through my grandpa's shoe, and I go hang out on the couches I am not supposed to be on. I nap some and then I dig into my bed and throw the styrafoam from the bed all over the place. My mom tried to teach me to put my toys away, but I'm not going to do it...until I get my dog door that is!

Sometimes my mom comes home at lunch and that's a treat. Otherwise, I wait ALL DAY until mom gets home. Lately, she has been taking me on really long walks. I cruise the neighborhood to make sure everything is looking good. I mark my spots. Then I go out into my garden. Lately I have been digging some serious holes in the grass. My dad yells at me about it. But what do you expect? I'm part terrier. That's what terriers do! I try to conceal my digging, but I always get caught when I come back inside with dirt all over my face. Damn!

Then my mom, dad and I ususally watch a variety of reality television. It's stupid, but I can't reach the remote control, so I guess I'm stuck.

Here's a slideshow of things I do around the house. Man, it sure would be nice to come and go as I please through a dog door.....

No comments: